By Lisa Tawn Bergren
Published on April 8th 2014
Published by Zondervan
Published by Zondervan
In the first book of the new futuristic dystopian series from author Lisa T. Bergren, the chosen remnants must work to redirect humanity’s course.
The year is 2095. Gifted teens known as Remnants have been chosen and trained to act as humanity’s last hope to rectify the horrors that are now part of everyday life.
The Community has trained these teens as warriors and assigned them Knights of the Last Order as protectors. Together, they are a force that will be difficult to bring down.
But the Sons of Sheol, of course, are determined to do just that. As the Remnants begin their mission to course-correct humanity by saving and protecting key individuals, their enemies move to stop them, placing the entire world in peril.
Lisa T. Bergren is the author of over forty books, with a combined count of over 2.5 million copies sold. She has written best-selling children’s books, award-winning YA (River of Time Series: Waterfall), popular historical fiction, contemporary fiction, women’s nonfiction, and gift books. She is a writer and editor residing in Colorado Springs, CO, with her husband and three children. You can find out more about Lisa at LisaBergren.com.
7 Reasons Why Being an Empath Would Stink
By Lisa T. Bergren
Andriana, my heroine and a Remnant, has the gift of reading other people’s emotions. This is generally a good thing, but as I wrote her story, I started to think why it wouldn’t be all that cool to be one. Here are 7 reasons why…
- All emotions are heightened. This is cool on the good-emotion front, but notsomuch on the hard-emotion front.
- For singles: You’d immediately know if someone was into you. Now, that might seem like a good thing, but where’s the sweet element of surprise? The delight of slow discovery over time? No, it’d be more like getting clobbered with the news.
- When other people felt pain/grief, you’d feel it as your own.
- In an argument, you wouldn’t just feel the impact from a raised voice or tension, you would feel their anger like a physical blow as well.
- Sometimes you just don’t want to feel anything for a bit, right? Just be neutral. Static. No such thing for an empath. You feel everything, all the time.
- You’d feel empathy for even your enemies. Yes, yes. I know we’re to love our enemy. But sometimes if you feel too much for your enemy it might overpower you from being wise.
- People might avoid you because they don’t want their emotions “read” until they’re ready to share them.
Be sure to write down this STOP #25 LAUNCH TOUR CLUE: stories
Collect all the clues and fill out Lisa’s Rafflecopter form on her launch tour post at LisaBergren.com at the end of April and you could win either a Kindle Fire HDX ($229) or iPod Touch ($229)!
What’s your favorite and least-favorite emotion? Comment below!