15 Day Book Blogger Challenge! Day One: Blogger Confessions
The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is hosted over at Good Books and Good Wine. I have no idea if I will be able to do all 15 days, but I am certainly going to try! (Or perhaps I will tag team with a few of my blogging buddies on BBE!)
1. I hardly ever buy books. We are on a very tight budget. Like a "if I buy a book, we can't pay a bill budget." I still try to help out authors I love by spreading the word and I make good use of my library card. I am blessed by getting a ton of ARCs and I get most of my reading material that way.
2. I read a book a day (most days).
3. I am getting more used to my Kindle and I really enjoy it (which is a shocker to me because I have always been very- I will only like paper books!)
4. I don't like audio books. I only have so much time and why listen to a book when they read slower than I do.
5. I don't take very good care of my books- I am not the kind of person who has to have immaculate books. There are stains on them, they are dog-eared and they are very loved.
6. That being said, minus a few exclusions, I have given away a majority of the books I have been given to review (and I don't give away books that I have messed up in blog giveaways).
7. I really dislike middle grade books. I am not sure why, but other than HP I haven't found any that I like.
8. I love reading YA and love talking YA, but a part of me doesn't "get" fangirling with other adults about teenage characters. "Oh he's so hot, oh man.... *enter some sort of sexual innuendo*" Yeah, no that feels pervy to me.
9. I think New Adult as it is now is dumb. New Adult = YA + sex. How about clean fiction about young adults?
10. I can't stand books where the bad boy gets the girl.
11. I usually root for the guy that is obviously not going to get the girl.
12. I haven't met a sci-fi book I have liked.
13. When I love a book, I will read it 5 or 6 times before I move on to another book.
14. I am horrible at being part of the blogging community. Between taking care of my kids, reading, and writing reviews (plus the rest of my life) I just never get around to it- even though I do read blogs.
15. That being said- I still don't think I have found my "place" in the blogging world. That is probably because I can't go to conferences or signings (two babies and a husband that works crazy hours). I am sure everyone feels that way, but even though I've been doing this for over 2 years- I just don't feel like I fit in.
So those are my confessions! Can you relate to any of them? What are yours?