Exclusive Excerpt + Giveaway: Stealing Harper, by Molly McAdams!
By Molly McAdams
Published on June 4th 2013
Published by William Morrow
Published by William Morrow
Chase Grayson has never been interested in having a relationship that lasts longer than it takes for him and his date to get dressed again. But then he stumbles into a gray-eyed girl whose innocence pours off her, and everything changes. From the minute Harper opens her mouth to let him know just how much he disgusts her, he's hooked.
But a princess deserves a Prince Charming who can make her dreams come true. Not a guy who can turn her life into a nightmare.
All good intentions go out the window when Harper starts to fall for the guy Chase has come to view as a brother. He wanted to protect her by keeping her away, but he can’t stand to see her with anyone else, and he’ll do anything to make her his. But when it comes down to Harper choosing between the two, will Chase have the strength to step back from the girl who has become his whole world if it means she’ll be happy?
Lines will be crossed. Friendships will be put to the test. And hearts will be shattered.
LIVE TO READ EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT
“You said I'm a jerk?” I laughed and walked over to my sister. “She's the one that just practically called me a dirty man-whore.”
“Don't be rude to my friends, Chase!” Bree punched my arm and I tried not to roll my eyes at how pathetic her punches were.
Princess turned quickly and went outside, and I tried to not let it show that I watched her leave. “Great roommate, Bree.” I scoffed and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge.
“She is, but she said you weren’t nice! So be nice, I told you, she’s pretty sheltered.”
I turned my back to Zach and Drew and leaned onto the island close to Bree, “Sheltered how?”
“She grew up with only her dad and she said he’s been in the army or navy or whatever for her whole life.” Bree took two more shots and I shook my head at her, at least she was staying here. “And get this! She’s never worn makeup or been to a mall!”
My face fell in mock-horror, “Never been to a mall, oh no.”
“Go be nice to her you big jerk!”
Not enough for you yet? Want to read more? Well, straight from Molly, here are some more excerpts to get you excited about Stealing Harper!
::FIVE BITS OF MY FAVROITE PARTS FROM STEALING HARPER::
1. I squeezed my eyes shut and let my head fall from hers. “No. I don’t deserve you either. You need someone who will cherish you, protect you, and take care of you. Someone that realizes they'd never be able to find another you in the world, no matter how hard they looked.” I looked back into her soft gray eyes and continued to fight with myself on taking what I needed and giving her what she needed. Without thinking about it, I leaned in close until I could feel her breath against my lips; I would have given anything to kiss her.
2. Clown’s kissing her Friday, she’s screwing my best friend on Saturday, and leaning in to kiss me today? She’s gonna make me feel like shit for the few girls she’d seen me with and tell me she’d just be another girl for me? Look in a fucking mirror, Princess. Because, obviously, I’m just one of many guys for you.
3. Where else would I be? My whole world was crashing down, and I was trying to hold on to it for as long as possible. “Because you need me, and if this is my last hour with you, I’m not going to waste another second of it.”
4. The door opened, and Jeff and I looked over to it, but Brian just sat there with a shit-eating grin. “Oh, by the way, Riss is coming to tell you off.”
“You’re serious, Brian? You called your wife to come yell at me?”
“Chachi!” Marissa snapped, and I groaned. “It has been a month. A month! You have two choices: grow a pair and ask her if she’s made up her mind yet or get over the bitch.”
“Marissa,” I growled in warning.
5. “And why can’t we? You couldn’t stand to let me have one normal day with her. Have I done anything to you since she and I broke up?” He paused, but I didn’t respond. “No. I haven’t. You dealt with it by being an ass, so let me deal with this my way. And my way doesn’t include acting like you didn’t steal my girl from me.”
“I didn’t steal Harper!”
He opened the door and took a step outside, his shaking hand gripping the outer knob. When he looked back at me, his eyes were flat and lifeless. “You stole my entire world.”
a Rafflecopter giveaway